Our staff are busy everyday uploading remote learning lessons to Google classroom. We are trying to do this in line with when we would usually teach our classes.
Also alongside this please find below a list of other free resources that you can use at home…
Audible are offering many teen audiobooks for free. Just visit stories.audible.com to begin. Logins and bank details are not required.
o KS3 recommendations – “The Jungle Book”, “A Praise of Difficult Women”, “Do Tigers Drink Blood?”, “Talon”
o KS4 recommendations – “Wuthering Heights”, “The Picture of Dorian Grey”, “Persuasion”, “Age of Innocence”, “Pride and Prejudice”
o KS5 recommendations – “The Metamorphosis”, “The Yellow Wallpaper”, “Paradise Lost”
· https://www.sirlinkalot.org/ – spelling and grammar app
· https://litfilmfest.com/playlists/ – videos and writing challenges linked to films
· https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html – articles and other resources to develop literacy
· https://www.marquee.tv/ – 30 day free trial to theatre productions streamed live
· https://www.schoolofsignlanguage.com/learn-online/learn-online-free-only/ – British Sign Language lessons
· https://readon.myon.co.uk/ – free e books
· https://www.douglaswise.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Online-Reading-List.docx – Links to online short stories for KS3/4
· National Theatre Live is also offering free streaming of their theatre shows, but we are not allowed to post the login outside of our institution. Log in has been shared via google classroom.
· https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007g5y4 – BBC School Radio